Tips for Choosing Flexible Secondary Containment for Both Drum Storage & Mobile Transfer Stations such as Tankers
It is important to carefully consider all needs related to the specific site when choosing flexible secondary containment for both drum storage & mobile transfer stations such as tankers. The laws and regulations that govern these systems have changed several times, making it ever more important to choose an expert who can provide extensive product knowledge and who can also insure a choice of product that will meet or exceed safety and compliance, while addressing the type of spill or leak control that is required. Youngstown Barrel & Drum Co. has a team of product specialists who are caring, knowledgeable, and seasoned in providing application advice that will encompass best practices necessary for any company that stores or handles any material that may be considered hazardous. In this way, they can provide a solution that will save both time and money.
Flexible Secondary Containment for Drum Storage
The products in this category provide certain advantages not found with rigid secondary containment:
- Lightweight: allowing for easy set up (user friendly), transport, economic shipping and storage.
- Compliance: provides a safe means of spill or leak control, thus protecting the environment within the regulatory guidelines of the EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Wide Selection of Sizes: it is important to determine the containment capacity required.
- Low Maintenance: usually made of rugged materials that are compatible with fuel, oil, and most chemicals, in addition to being rust and corrosion resistant.
- Secure Containment: there are not only a variety of sizes available, but also a variety of wall heights, in order to provide secure containment.
Flexible Secondary Containment for Mobile Transfer Stations such as Tankers
The products in this category have been developed to protect the environment from leaks and spills, especially from oil storage container transfers or fuel and chemical deliveries. They provide many of the same advantages listed above for flexible secondary containment for drum storage, but have additional requirements .
- Drive Through: Depending on the model chosen, the vehicle can safely drive over the side walls which will automatically collapse and regain their upright position without operator assistance, or remain collapsed until they are needed. This provides for easy entrance and exit.
- Custom Sizes Available: once storage capacity is determined, the size and wall heights can be custom made to ensure safe and compliant leak and spill containment.
- Easy Installation: available in a compact, lightweight, and portable design.
- Economical: the lightweight and compact design saves on shipping costs. The portability allows for use wherever and whenever secure containment is needed and required.
It is important to understand the codes, requirements, and safety considerations when choosing flexible secondary containment for both drum storage and mobile transfer stations such as tankers. The seasoned customer service department at Youngstown Barrel & Drum Co. can provide expert advice and careful consideration to the specific needs in order to make the best informed buying decision. Youngstown Barrel & Drum Co. has been in business for over 50 years and has built its reputation on providing knowledge, expertise, and award-winning service that few companies can match. Please contact us at 1-800-359-DRUM for expert advice not only on flexible secondary containment for both drum storage and mobile transfer stations such as tankers, but also on other secondary containment options that may also meet your needs.
Ultra-Cab Mount Containers®
Store Pop Up Pools behind the cab – out of the way, but ready for any emergency.
- Durable, all-polyethylene construction will resist harsh weather effects.
- Cover is lockable for security purposes.
- Store Pop Up Pools outside of the cab, preserving valuable interior space for other necessities.
Dual bladders and Deck combine to contain 165 gallons of liquid – nearly one hour of continuous use. Pass-through-ports in rear of shelter allow for contaminated clothing discharge.
Includes Decon Deck with (2) Bladder Attachments, 12′ x 14′ Ground Tarp, Gross Rinse Shower Unit, Spray Wand (7 gpm output), Privacy Shelter and Supply Hose. Replacement bladders available (P/N 2320). Optional carrying case (P/N 6006) available.
- Flexible polyurethane material.
- Non-absorbing material.
- Resists oil, water and most aggressive chemicals.
- Cleans with soap and water.
- Prevents contaminants from entering drain.
- Safety orange color.
- Tapered design wedges securely into standard drains to stop any flow.
- Eyebolts are removable, allowing installation of grating with Drain Plug in place.
- Non-absorbing, easily cleaned for repeated use.
Ultra-Drain Seal Plus®
Urethane bottom layer (same as Ultra-Drain Seal) keeps spills from entering drains. Rugged reinforced PVC top layer provides protection from extended UV exposure and vehicular traffic.
Excellent for use in parking areas, loading docks and other areas where drains may be driven over. Bright yellow color helps identify protected drains.
Reinforcing mesh is “sandwiched” between layers of polyurethane. Unique, urethane construction allows the pad to deform and seal off most drains – temporarily “seals” to any smooth surface.
- One unit per box
- Easily cuts to special shapes and sizes
- Resists oil, water and most aggressive chemicals
- Cleans with soap and water
Ultra-Oil Stain Remover®
Remove stains caused by oil, grease, hydraulic fluid, food grease and other oil-based materials. Cleans embedded oil stains from concrete (sealed or unsealed), asphalt, and brick. Available in two sizes – 32-oz bottle for frequent use areas or industrial applications, and a smaller 16-oz bottle for smaller stains (perfect for spill kits). Add to any spill kit to make it a complete spill solution. Absorbent pads and wipes will only solve part of the problem. Use Ultra-Oil Stain Remover to clean up the stain left after the spill is cleaned up.
The 32-oz bottle treats an area approximately 6 – 7 square feet. The 16-oz bottle treats an area approximately 1 ½ – 3 square feet.
Environmentally-Friendly – citrus based, biodegradable and phosphate-free.
Ultra-Pop Up Pool Plus®
Spill response pool folds into compact package until needed – Quickly opens and bladder unfurls to capture large spills
Ultra-Pop Up Pool Plus is available in 150, 66 and 20 gallon sizes. Simply unfold the Pool and open the Bladder Compartment — the Bladder will automatically expand/unfurl as the liquid level in the pool rises. Compact folded size — stores efficiently inside spill kits, under/behind seats or in tool boxes.
Ultra-Pop Up Pools®
Pop Up Pools instantly expand to capture leaks from saddle tanks, pipes, hydraulic lines and many other industrial incidents. Ultra-Pop Up Pools are available in 150, 100, 66 and 20 gallon sizes. Choose Sprung Steel or Economy Models to meet your needs. Simply remove them from their protective carrying case and give them a quick shake – they instantly expand and are ready for response to any emergency.
Ultra-Pop Up Pools are perfect for providing temporary secondary containment for drums, leaking packages, etc. Features continuous band of sprung steel to provide rigidity to outer circumference.
Non-sparking aluminum models break down to fit into spill kits as small as 5-gallon pails. Assemble in just seconds. Rugged construction allows shoveling of granular sorbents, sludges and contaminated soil.
Tempered aluminum scoop measuring 10″ x 11″.
Shaft constructed of aircraft quality 6061 T6 aluminum.
Large, sturdy, molded polyethylene “D” grip handle.
Constructed of non-sparking materials.
Stay in compliance with existing EPA and SPCC regulations by having spill containment products in place. A spill berm is effective at keeping hazardous chemicals from entering drains and doorways. You need this product to ensure a safe storage area and protect the environment from oil, fuel, or chemical spills. Installing it should be part of your preventative measure or emergency response plan.
Stop leaks from overturned tanker trucks, railcars and other large vessels. Accidents, punctures and corrosion are facts of life. With a Tanker Tourniquet, however, you can minimize environmental damage, protect lives and save the load. Available in suction and magnetic models, these simple devices expand a chemical-resistant, flexible bladder to quickly stop potentially dangerous and costly spills.